05 Mar Who Is Elligible To Be A Committee Member Of A JMB/MC
So what is a committee member? It is a committee under the management body of a development (JMB/MC) established to carry out duties on the management body’s behalf. The committee should consist of at least 3 people and not be more than 14 people. The members have to be elected from the AGM.
Duration Of Service
Committee members have to retire during every AGM, however, they are also eligible to be re-elected, on the basis that no chairman, secretary, or treasurer shall hold office for more than two consecutive years and the other members of the committee cannot hold office for more than 3 consecutive years.
The basic requirement to become a committee member for any management body, you would need to be:
- At least 21 years old;
- A proprietor or a co-proprietor of a parcel;
- Free of debt owing to the management body;
- Free from bankruptcy;
- Not convicted for an offence of fraud or dishonesty;
- Of sound mind or is capable of discharging his duties;
There is an exception to these basic requirements, if you are not a proprietor of a parcel, you can still be eligible if a member of your immediate family who is a proprietor owning two or more parcels nominates you. However, you may not be eligible for nomination if that particular family member has already nominated more
Despite fulfilling the basic requirements, it is still important to follow these additional rules:
- Only ONE co-strata owner of the same parcel is eligible for election at a time.
- You are still eligible for nomination if you are not able to attend the AGM as long as you appoint a proxy to attend the AGM in your place, and have given your written consent to be nominated and elected as a member of the management committee.
- our proxy is not allowed to be nominated.
That being said, do attend all your neighbourhood and vote wisely as the committee members of the management body is responsible for all official duties in your neighbourhood.
The material and information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer. You should not rely upon the material or information as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions and this article is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organisation, company, neighbourhood, or individual.
JaGaApp makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided in this article or found by following any link provided in this article. JaGaApp will not be liable for any errors or omissions in all the information provided in this article. JaGaApp will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of the information provided in this article.